I'm going to lay out the gear I've been using recently with my thoughts. Not necessarily because I want to share them with you, but because I want your feedback or things that you've tried.
Cold Weather (< 32 F)
- Tights-like underwear - I've got a couple different brands. Frankly, it doesn't matter which one I use, just keeps my man bits from being chafed man bits.
- Long sleeve Patagonia Capilene (1 or 2) - I can't get enough of these...as you'll notice soon.
- Short Sleeve Patagonia Capilene 1 - I like bold solid colors. However, the wind doesn't care what color my shirt is.
- Random Running Tights and/or Shorts - I like Patagonia's Nine-Trails and a pair of Adidas shorts. I always wear those during races.
- Smart Wool Socks - Warm feet are happy feet.
- Patagonia Capilene 3 beanie - this hat is DA BOMB. I also like a thinner one from Saucony.
- New Balance MT110 - Just got these. They are great. On really muddy days I'll wear my Inov-8 X-Talon 212s.
- Manzella Hatchback Gloves - If you suffer from cold hands, like wearing gloves, but know mittens keep your hands warmer, BUY THESE GLOVES. They are amazing. I got them on "The Clymb" and I would pay 3x retail for them. I can't get over how great they were for me last weekend when it was 15F with 15 mph winds.
Warmer weather (32 - 45 F)
- Same as above except no tights. And different gloves
Hot Weather (45F+)
- Same as above minus tights, beanie, gloves and long sleeved shirts.
Occasionally I'll wear a jacket if it gets really windy or cold. I've got a North Face Jacket from the "Flight Series". I like it but it doesn't breathe well.
Anyone else have things that they love to wear? I'm pretty picky, if it doesn't feel good on my skin when I get out of bed in the morning, I won't wear it. I know that there are other things like Patagonia clothing, and that there stuff is expensive. I have been pretty loyal to the brand since I was a freshman in college and we had their Cap 1 shirts as jerseys. I wear their boxers too, good god they are amazing.